We are looking for a seasoned and tech savvy Senior Project Manager, who loves all things Internet and emerging technologies, to join Barbarian and help us maintain one of the largest pieces of business at our agency.
The Senior Project Manager will have the responsibility of managing and overseeing the internal work stream of the account, in addition to working closely with the client’s merchandising team. This position will report directly to the Director of Project Management.
- Act as the day-to-day client liaison for tactical requests, responsible for overseeing communications between client stakeholders and the internal team members on multiple projects.
- Provide guidance on planning, execution and logistics for client project work streams.
- Coordinate client plans with internal work streams and setting overall expectations for project execution and deliverables.
- Be a strategic advisor and partner for the internal team and client.
- Remain responsible for overall quality of all projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Be able to provide agency recommendations for new innovative tools, vendors, and technologies.
- Partner with the Account Director to identify and specify requests that exceed scope; negotiate proposals and budgets of such requests with the client, providing necessary modifications and deliverables , including writing scopes of work, to facilitate incremental contract signings.
- Model strong presentation skills that encourage participation and effect desired outcomes for meetings.
- Proactively pursue opportunities that may result in new projects or work streams.
- Communicate with the internal and client team on a day-to-day account on project management follow-up items and needs.
- Support the Business Director on upselling incremental tactical initiatives for the client business; maintain focus on short term deliverables while understanding client’s long-term goals.
Do you have…
- 7+ years of project management experience in digital advertising.
- Experience managing User Experience, User Testing, Creative projects as the client liaison and internal lead.
- Expertise in building project plans, burn reports, and how to mitigate risk or raise red flags ahead of time.
- Advanced understanding of e-commerce/website design and builds, including UX, content strategy and production timelines.
- Experience in working with CMS and Development teams.
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a plus.
- Understanding backend and data systems is a plus.
- A/B testing and segmentation/personalization experience is a plus.
- Collaborating with the engineering team for enhancements to be implemented on the site.
- Experience with AtTask, Smartsheets, Jira, WMJ.
- Experience distilling client meeting into notes and defining action items.
- A willingness to travel in the NYC area to the client office.
- A passion for technology and innovation.
- Ability to add structure and process when project plan is unclear/undefined.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Experience with global marketing teams.
- Ability to multitask several different projects at once.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Positive outlook and good interpersonal skills.
- A “DO IT NOW” mentality.